Monday, May 30, 2005

24 hugs (plus one)

ahhh...

all the love!

The non-profit organization where I work (www.telljp.com ) had its annual recognition event for the volunteers last night, and it was a wonderful evening. Since I run the training programme, I got to give out the certificates of appreciation to the wonderful, fantastic, amazing people who dedicate huge amounts of their time to train new phone counselors (I still can't say enough about how wonderful they are!).

I guess I was nervous. I think I had an attack of latina-itis. I forgot I was in Japan. I might even have spoken a little Spanish. And I gave every single one of those volunteers a great big hug when I gave them their certificate. Oops! But it was lovely, I have to say. I'd do it again!

and the other hug...

was a mom-hug, of course. I'm so pleased and proud and amazed by Sam. He has finally figured out how to read music. Or, rather, he has finally figured out that he already knew how to read music (these things can creep up on you...) and decided to try his hand at composition (or, composure, as he calls it). He's written a little peice for the piano/organ/whatever noise our little electric piano can make.

cool!

3 Comments:

Blogger arumanda said...

sounds like you have a little virtuoso on your hands. your son is truly brilliant.

the 24 hugs - you deserved every single one. if it weren't for your freaking hard work, nobody could step up to the task and be the best they can. good for you little lady

10:28 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you know what?
you earned every single one of those hugs!
you've done wonderful things & we're all reaping the benefits.
You've been a joy to work with - and look forward to fall.

h.

3:06 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Im just sad that i wont be a trainer again! It was the best thing ive done here!!!

Glad to have been of service, and thanks for all that you did and how smooth-running and professional you made it, it was a pleasure to have been part of it.

j.

11:03 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home