Thursday, April 28, 2005

I'm not saying which year.

Things that happened the year I was born. Of course, I've deleted the ones that I think really don't matter...

Communist troops attack Saigon and 30 province capitals in the "Tet Offensive"
Martin Luther King is assassinated in Memphis, TN
Senator Robert F. Kennedy is shot in California after celebrating presidential primary victories
American troops destroy a town in South Vietnam in the "My Lai Massacre"
Peggy Fleming wins Olympics figure skating gold medal
Student protesters at Columbia University in New York City take over administration buildings and shut down the university
LL Cool J, Lisa Marie Presley, Jeri Ryan, Lucy Lawless, CĂ©line Dion, Traci Lords, Tony Hawk, Kylie Minogue, and Sammy Sosa are born
Detroit Tigers win the World Series
Montreal Canadians win the Stanley Cup
2001: A Space Odyssey and Planet of the Apes are the top grossing movies
The rock musical Hair opens on Broadway
The Beatles' White Album and Simon and Garfunkel's Bookends are released
Rowan & Martin's Laugh-In, debuts on NBC

found here: http://www.blogthings.com/yearborn.html

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

What amazing and wonderful thinking we can do now; To me, I hardly rmemeber those events as part of the background of your birth which turned out to be so unexpectedly significant to me. Yet I remember the events you think of as significant with great clarity; they were also very significant to me. There seem to be parallel tracks that are difficult to connect: our personal significant events and the event-full context. Do you connect your life and how our generation wanted to raise and inform yours with how you now connect your life and how you want to raise your beautiful child? Do the present events seem as significant to you now as those past events seem to you in the present?

11:06 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home