Saturday, March 05, 2005

ahhhh... yesterday

was an eight-year-old's (my eight-year-old's) idea of a perfect day:

1. friday
2. grandma arrived last night
3. snow
4. SNOW DAY!!!!!!

What more could you ask for?

And, as a bonus, the parents (me & Steve) got to go out to a movie, without paying for babysitting! That means we only spent $60 on a movie and snacks! Wahoo!

I had this thought that not only is it great to have Steve's mom here (her first visit to us since we moved overseas), but that we will also save all kinds of money while she is here: for every hour that we go out and leave her and Sam together, we save about $12 - by the time she leaves, I plan to be rich!

And in the throes of post-wine club happiness and 2 glasses of wine, I had a fabulous idea:

a cocktail club!

It would be like a wine-tasting club, but the drinks would taste better. You know, you'd pick an alcoholic base (vodka, rum, gin, shochu - whatever) and then play around with the mixes for an evening. I picture: lots of friends, lounge music, snacks, general mayhem. Oh, and of course, scintillating discourse about the qualities and merits of each drink.

n.b. all costs in Canadian dollars...

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what better place to do it than yours!

1:37 p.m.

 
Blogger Indigorayz said...

Oh! I agree! A cocktail menagerie at yours!

9:26 a.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where exactly did you get this tendency to enjoy alcohol so much? Don't you think martinis for 8 year olds are a bit much? there is such a thing as alcoholism, you know.

2:25 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry, sorry, I've been drinking and I get socritical and bitchy when I'mdrinking.

2:25 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home