Friday, December 31, 2004

my honey's gone to help

Well, Steve is on his way to Bangkok today to help out with the Canadians in Thailand who are looking for loved ones, or on their way home, or injured - all from the tsunami last week. Despite the fact that I miss him, it's good that he will be there - he really is good at what he does, and I think that he will be comforting to those who need it. But I made him promise that, if he is traumatized by the stories he hears and the people he meets, he will need to get some counseling of his own. I hope he won't need it, but you never know.

I keep thinking how lucky we are not to be there - I complained and complained that the upcoming Prime Minister's visit to Tokyo meant that no-one could go on a proper vacation over the holidays, now I am glad of it. It probably saved a number of lives just here among our friends and colleagues.

Anyway, happy new year to everyone - I hope the next year brings peace and happiness.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home