Sunday, January 16, 2005

who'd want to read about your boring life?

asks my son, Sam (currently going by the name "Calvin" in our house), when I explain to him what a blog is.

Well, that is the question, isn't it.

Why are we calling him Calvin, you might ask? Well, the other morning, we got a call from Molly's mom (some of you may know Molly from Sam's little you f*cking son of a b*tch incident, where he got in only the smallest amount of trouble...), asking us to tell the bus driver that Molly wouldn't be going to school on the bus in the morning. So, I asked Sam if he could remember to tell the bus driver that Molly wouldn't be on the bus, and that he wouldn't have to wait for her. And Sam said...

wait for it...

"Oh, I tell him that every day."

great...

So, Steve figures that Molly is the Susie to Sam's Calvin. And I would have to agree.

And, in the wake of the tsunami and on our way to a new year's party, Sam was kind enough to inform me that "Japan is one of the countries doomed to destruction." You know - earthquakes, volcanoes, typhoons, tidal waves - we have it all here.

Our happy little family...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL!

Yep, i can see why you call him Calvin! But that is indeed the question... who'd want to read my blog? Why would they want to read it? How much am i writing a diary and how much am i writing a newspaper? Is this for me or the audience? the thing is, the answers to the questions change all the time, and you just gotta learn to love the questions, as someone much wiser than me said.

j-ster

(i dont know why the comments section of other people's blogs brings out the philosopher in me...)

3:10 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home