Tuesday, May 24, 2005

my little dostoyevsky

hmmm... time for another proud mom post. Cause you can never get enough of that, now, can you?

Sam has taken quite artistically to his school assignments, and now writes everything (including research projects) from a literary perspective. His piece on the African Black Rhino had him (the narrator) as a private eye. But I really like this one. It showcases his signature style - pretty much everyone dies in everything he writes...

Komodo Dragon
By Sam Chapman

Chapter 1.
It was a cool day in Komodo Island. I was walking around, tripping over my tail (which is longer than me). My name is Komo. I’m a Komodo dragon. So there I was minding my own business (tripping) when I heard a BOOM! I turned around (or tripped around). Then I heard it again. BOOOM!! Louder this time. Then CRAAAASHH!!!!!! And I knew no more.
When I woke up, I was in a little enclosure with shiny sticks all around me. Little and big fat blobby things were all around me. One of them was offering me a fish. This one was in the shiny sticks. It got closer and closer. TOO CLOSE! I bit him! He screamed in pain. Then, he fell to the ground. Slowly he was dying.

Chapter 2.
Two more things came into the enclosure. They picked up the fish-serving freak. I don’t even like fish! I ran for it. When I got to the bars (I think they are called), I started digging a tunnel. When I finished that I ran (tripping frequently). I wanted to get back to my home.

Chapter 3.
When I got to the wilderness I made a new burrow. The next morning I went hunting for my food. A deer! Mmmmm…. Life was pretty normal after that. Until…

Chapter 4.
One day I was minding my own business when suddenly I was in another cage! Then a sharp thing came out of nowhere and I fell asleep. When I woke up I was in the same type of cage but bigger. I tried to dig my way out but the floorwas too hard. I’m in a tight spot, I thought. I didn’t get fed at all. I was starving. Slowly but surely I was dying.

The (dead) end.


Isn't that sweet?

now, where should I send it for publication...

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow - that's one impressive son you have.
such a cool story though - and so very sam!

h.

9:09 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home