Monday, July 25, 2005

missed it!

well, I leave town for a few weeks (ok, five), and miss the largest earthquake Tokyo has had in the last 13 years - by 24 hours. darn! or not...

in fact, that's always my hope, that the big shakeys will hit while we are away. Probably none of us were happier than Steve, though, who will still have piles of work to deal with it - but at least he didn't get called into work on Saturday night.

and despite massive jetlat (my brain hasn't arrived from Canada yet), it is always so lovely to get home after a long trip. And particularly lovely when your home is still all in one piece. (that went piece/peice/piece oh forget it I'm too tired).

and Steve tells me that Jamaica is open for this summer - great job for him, etc etc. I say, convince me. I want to stay here for one more year. As planned - unless something truly amazing comes up. Is Jamaica amazing? I don't know...

anyhow, I'm too fried (freid/fride/frayed?) to continue here for now, and I need to go and forage some food toute suite (au pair arrives weds, so I am now in French mode. That was basically it...).

3 Comments:

Blogger MissSin said...

ah - you're back!
welcome back to the lovely land of extreme heat, earthquakes, typhoons & HUGE bugs...
don't you just love summertime?

for some reason, the earthquake didn't scare me too much.
the one 13 years ago scared me way more - was drunk, in roppongi trying to get a taxi home & had my even drunker friend trying to drag me into the road to be safe - hah!

been here way too long....

9:54 p.m.

 
Blogger arumanda said...

okaeri nasai!

1:40 a.m.

 
Blogger Indigorayz said...

She is back!
Oh I am glad! I feel safe knowing you are there! Good ! Now lets get some drinking a nd straight talikng under our belts! Shite 5 weeks goes fast!

10:24 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home