Sunday, July 31, 2005

making the most of it

time, that is. I feel like I don't have much time left with so many of my dear friends leaving in the next few months. Well, in November, anyway. And of course, there are always the suprise "I'm leaving next week"s that pop up in this life. Oh well.

Spent a lovely afternoon by the pool with a couple of them, with plans to do much more of that over the next month - nothing better than doing nothing. Especially when it is stinky hot and humid out.

I'm doing lots of fun stuff, none of it deep or meaningful. Getting to know my ipod, figuring out which bits of my music I actually like and having fun making various playlists and all that. Returning to work (hooray for 3 days a week!), getting to know Marie (our au pair) - she is lovely and she and Sam are getting along like houses on fire. I'm feeling a little redundant...

Mostly, just feeling wonderfully relaxed and refreshed and rejuvenated from our trip home. Before we left, everything about this place was driving me nuts - the people, the city, the culture, everything... but now it all seems ok. Enjoyable, even. Quaint, perhaps. I have to say, I like it so much more when I like it!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bummer that I missed visiting you all while at your cottage - timings were just too tight. Hope you had a relaxing time. All the best for your last months in Tokyo - keep us posted on your where your new digs will be!!

10:58 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home