Wednesday, April 12, 2006

so much work!

You know, I haven't been blogging at all lately, and I completely blame my computer. It died... Well, the motherboard died, and that meant reconfiguring the hard drive - but no-one at the shop told us that, so we lost everything. Luckily, all of our photos were on the alternate hard drive, and will soon be copied to disc for safekeeping. As soon as I find the time to buy some discs...

So, we really did lose everyone's contact email - so please, please send me an email if you are someone I care about - even in the most minor of ways!

Since the computer came back, all shiny and new and EMPTY, we have been working to upload all of our music to iTunes again. Yes, they were on the iPod (are still), but apparently I didn't download them right the first time, so Steve is "happy" to have the opportunity to do it right. If I had the camera (maybe later), I would take a photo of our music collection, so you would get an idea of how much stinking work it is to re-download all of our stinking music...

Wouldn't it be clever, I thought, if I could backup the iTunes so that if this ever happens again, I will already have it all... You can see where this is going, no doubt. The way to back up your iTunes is to put your music on cds... How helpful - but lucky me, my music is all already backed up! It just takes days and days and days to put it back on the computer when the computer inevitably DIES!!!

Anyway, all of that is just stuff. The great news is CUBA! This has been a stinky, cold, wet spring in Tokyo, and I am about ready for 3 years of summer. And the opportunity to be functionally literate again. I mean, my Spanish is nothing to write home about (at least not in Spanish), but at least I can read it! What a relief that will be. I'll be able to ask for things in stores! Oh, wait. There won't be anything in the stores. Well, at least I will be able to order a Cuba Libre. Or a Cervesa. Or some vino. Come to think of it, I can do all of that in Japanese, too.

Cuba Libure, onagaishimasu.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home