Monday, January 30, 2006

I get my certification

So, Sam had a huge hairy fit about his literature circles homework tonight. It's his job to read the chapter and summarize it, and he's known about this since last thursday.

He screamed and wailed and flailed and cursed (as you all know he can) and didn't get much done - hard to read while screaming, wailing, flailing and cursing.

I think I should get a medal for not beating the crap out of him - the temptation was unusually strong, and Marie has now decided that she would like "less than one" children. But, we all survived and made it to the dinner table.

And we even managed to talk about it a bit. It went something like this:

Sam: I hate literature circles. It's too hard.

Me: I doubt that it is too hard. I think that the problem is that you didn't do any reading on the weekend, and now you can't get it done in time. You brought this on yourself.

Sam: Nothing's so bad that you can't add a little guilt to make it worse.

See? I'm a real, certified Jewish mother.

2 Comments:

Blogger MissSin said...

yeah - jewish mothers are kind of scary.

my gran thoroughly worked over my dad.
he only realised a couple of years ago that he doesn't have to eat foor that he doesn't like.
my dad's 60 next year.

wonder if you'll still be giving sam guilt trips in 50 years?

probably ;)

11:28 p.m.

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tell Sam its OK, I've got his back I still procrastinate just as badly so any day he wants to trade summarizing a chapter for summarizing a Supreme Court decision at the last minute I'd be more than happy to!

10:20 a.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home