Sunday, January 08, 2006

because...

I think it has to do with inertia.

I haven't posted anything for ages because I don't know what's happening in my life - I don't know yet where we will be living after we leave Tokyo, and since that's such a huge question - the only question at the moment - nothing else really seems all that important.

But, things, life continues...

The computer was at the home for wayward computers for 2 weeks - but things didn't get fixed. Oh well. I'll just ignore it and it might go away...

We went to Thailand for a week - that was cool. Bangkok is the opposite of Tokyo. In an urban way. Obviously, the middle of the forest or something like that would be the real opposite of Tokyo. But Bangkok is sort of Tokyo's urban opposite - hectic, dirty, disorganzed, cheap, cheerful, green in spots, rivers that are a functional part of the city (I really liked that bit). It was exciting, envigorating, and it made me nervous. I am so used to the ORDER of Japan - it just fits my personality so well. Everything in its place, everything goes where it should, happens when it should... I like that. But the craziness of a place like Bangkok feels more ALIVE to me. And I like that, as well. Which is probably a good thing, because wherever we live next, it most likely will not be well-ordered and polite. I suspect...

Anyway, Sam goes back to school tomorrow, and it is a national holiday, so perhaps I will use the time to find some funky photos of our trip to add to the flavour.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home