Thursday, November 09, 2006

it's coming...

so, word on the street (well, ok, around the embassy) is that our home internet will be coming next week.

WOO HOO!!!!!

I have to say, I can't wait. Although it might cut into my "sitting around the pool eating bonbons and getting pedicures" time... Right.

Last weekend, we went to the Marine Corps Ball, as we do pretty much every year (I like those opportunities to dress up and wear the shoes of satan - ouch, sore feet). While it was a little quieter than those in other locations (no fraternization with locals for the marines here, poor lads), we did get the coolest party treats ever... I now have a Cuban cigar in a wooden box labelled "US Marine Corps Ball 2006 - Havana, Cuba". What do you figure I can get for that on ebay?

Oh, and one of the Marines had come to Cuba from Okinawa. Oddly, my Japanese is better than his, and I certainly wasn't doing any sort of "fraternizing with locals" (that would be a euphemism, folks) in Japan... And I bet he was...

This weekend we are off on an adventure with some friends. We are taking off to a very small island (Cayo Levisa - maybe I will google it) about 2 hours plus a short boat ride east of Havana. Should be fun, although I hear the lodgings are pretty basic and the food is awful. For Cuba. Hmmm...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home