Saturday, June 09, 2007

squeamish

There are just to many small, slimy, many-legged things here for me to actually relax. Cause, really, underneath it all (and on top of it all, actually), I am an urban, Jewish-Canadian princess. And I truly believe that creepy-crawlies should not be in my house.

It's almost an escalation... First, the termite infestation in the living room walls. Big termites. With wings. And of course, there are the ants. Big ones, but mostly thousands and thousands of little, tiny sugar ants. Really, thousands of them - especially now that it is "ant season", which is apparently differentiated from the rest of the year when things go from, say, 200 ants per square meter to, say, 400 ants per square meter. It's more, but it's never none.

The lizards, I like. They eat ants and termites. I think. The frogs are generally ok, except the other night when we had an albino frog on the balcony railing. That was a little creepy.

The land crabs are a little over the top, since they are at least 8 inches claw-to-claw (I know, I just can't stick with one form of measurement), and blue. Tarantulas are ok, you just have to stay clear of the holes in the lawn. If they are out of their holes during the day, they are generally dead.

The thing that did it for me, that pretty much ended my feeling of comfort, that pushed me over the edge, was the SCORPION in the LIVING ROOM.

Enough.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YIKES! Yaiyaiyai, that would get me jumping out of my skin too!

I am not a Jewish-American Princess, and yet I agree that bugs have no right to live in my living space. I currently have a large, hairy huntsman spider living SOMEWHERE in my bedroom. I have only seen it once, just as i was leaving for work one morning. And yes, since the huntsman came in there have been absolutely zero other bugs. But what does that really mean? I think it means the huntsman is getting BIGGER! GROWING even!

Huntsmen, they dont bite, they offer no harm to humans at all, but they do like to be warm, and they do jump at things they feel threatened by. And did I mention that they are pretty big. Like the little one in my room, its a bit smaller than the length of my hand. And thats little.

I like lizards too, and frogs, but ants freak me out a bit, expecially in large numbers. Visiting you is becoming less appealling!

4:46 p.m.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home